A simple tool to set tags and covers of mp4 files.
2 KB, you can help to translate Baka Tagger into your language
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- mp4 video files
- png and jpg covers
- Proper Unicode support
- Clean UI
- Batch file processing
- Preview of cover look "like Explorer"
- English, Dutch, Greek and Russian localizations
- Portable, no installation is required
Taskbar extensions not working and causing crashes when Baka Tagger is launched with elevated privileges.
(fixed since v1.0.8)
- Drag-n-dropping files from Windows Explorer into Baka Tagger window not working when Baka Tagger is launched with elevated privileges.
(this happens due to Windows process isolation policies)
- This software is free for non-commercial usage.
- No warranties are implied, you are using this software on your own risk.
- Files being processed must be available for writing, that is you should wait for Baka Tagger to finish before viewing them in video player or other applications.
- Temporary files are stored in "TEMP Baka Tagger"folder located at disk root, e.g. if you are processing file"D:\My Documents\my movie.mp4"
temp folder will be"D:\TEMP Baka Tagger\"
This folder is created in the beginning of processing and is automatically deleted after processing.
- Cover preview might not exactly match Explorer preview.
- Explorer and other applications usually require some time to refresh displayed tags and covers.
- Baka Tagger does not extract existing covers or tags.
- Double quotes "in tags are replaced with single quotes.
- Audio, Video, and Comment tags are merged into description tag.
- Recommended cover size is 256x256 or 1024x1024.
- Right-click on cover preview area to open context menu.
- System menu (can be opened by left-clicking on small icon on the top left corner of the application window, or right clicking on window title or taskbar preview) contains additional "Always on top", "Donate" and "About" items.